Sunday, July 17, 2016

For Extratime.ie: Sean Boyd on celebration: "I'd do it again."

Sean Boyd celebrated in front of Bohemians fans after netting the all-important third goal in Shamrock Rovers' 3-1 win at Tallaght Stadium, enraging the travelling Gypsies support – and then said after the game, “I'd do it again.”

The 18 year-old striker was sprung from the bench by caretaker Hoops boss Stephen Bradley in the 65th minute and duly netted his first senior goal for the club in the Dublin Derby. It was a hotly contested game, particularly in the first half, but for Boyd that only made his strike all the sweeter – especially as he had planned his celebration beforehand.

“Yeah, a lot of drama. Every single Rovers and Bohs game is probably the same, but that's my first game I've played in so it's unbelievable, really,” Boyd told media post-match.

“A few of my mates are Bohs fans and I put a picture on social media saying 'Can't wait for the Bohs game.' And they commented on it being like 'Just don't score' and that, so I just said, 'If I do score I'm running straight over to yous!'”

When asked if he regretted his celebration in the face of the hostile reaction from Bohs fans, he replied, “Not really, I don't really care. It's the biggest game of the season for our fans. Rovers fans would love that as well, so I don't regret it one bit. I'd do it again.”


eir Sport, formerly Setanta Sport, covered the Shamrock Rovers-Bohemians game live and tweeted all the highlights. Source: Twitter, @eirSport.

Continue reading Sean Boyd's thoughts on his first senior goal for Shamrock Rovers on Extratime.ie.

You can also check out Dave Donnelly's match report from the Dublin Derby on Extratime.ie.

No comments:

Post a Comment